Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thankful

There are so many things to be thankful for and when someone asks you, you may have to take some time to figure out the correct things to say. You don't want to sound superficial or fake and you want to include everyone and everything so you don't hurt anyones feelings but really the first things you think of are what truly mean the most to you and you shouldn't feel bad about that.
I am thankful first and foremost for the fact that I have a roof over my head, a place to call my home. It's sad but true that there are a lot of people who do not have such a basic necessity.
This hits me so close to home because people I have shared a home with are now about to be without one this coming Monday.
Yes, you read that right, my family will have no home.
Not me, but my Mom & my sisters and brothers.
It's heartbreaking really. Mostly I feel the worst for my siblings because in no way shape or form is it their fault and I want to be sure they know that!
Times are tough and my Mom could no longer afford her duplex she has lived in for the past 9 years. She got behind 2 months and her new landlord or whatever they may be gave her an eviction notice on her front door...she appeared in court last Monday and when asked if they would like to give her an extension on how long she had to get out the people flat out said "No we do not"
Now I know, she was behind on her rent, okay...fine, reason to kick her out? Sure whatever but damn can people really be so heartless to only give someone SEVEN days to move out of the home they've had for 9 years?! SEVEN DAYS!! That was it. It blew my mind completely. I've never heard of someone only getting a week to move out! Not only that but as you know, Thanksgiving was this past Thursday...So it was a holiday even and they didn't give them even a smaller amount of time. Ridiculous.
I just wanted to share this story with all of my non-viewers out there and tell you that you need to not take the small things for granted. It could happen to anyone at any time. It's sad and  makes me cry every time I remember my Mom getting into the car crying and telling my youngest brother "So I don't know what we will do now bub."

Please be thankful for all that you have even if it isn't very much because there is someone else in the world who would gladly take your spot any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment